Monday 22 October 2012

Josef Hoflehner



Josef Hoflehner

 Josef Hoflehner was born in Austria in 1955 and well known for his black and white, in 2007 he was voted Nature photographer of the year. His work is renowned throughout America and Europe and has been regularly exhibited with including his well known "Jet Airliner" Project. Shot in black and white Josef used 6x6 film for most of his images.




Jet Airliner-1-




The two images above show the plane as almost suspended above the people below also showing scale and power. I think black and white suit the images well.

Reach up for the sunrise


I love the simplicity of this next image. Fabulous use of slow shutter speed.

Santa Monica Pier

© Josef Hoflehner

This last image is one of my favorites probably slightly underexposed with effect this slow shutter speed image is a gem in my eyes.

My thoughts.
Once again i`ve been blown away with these images, I especially am with his superb use of shutter speed and black and white film, I want to meet this guy!

Bibliography

No comments:

Post a Comment