Monday 29 April 2013

Photographic media

St. Michael's country fair and exhibition.

This is an ongoing project I`m working on culminating in an exhibition and sale at the church's annual fete.
I'm exhibiting a range of images from my collection but I've also been asked to provide images for the church's new website. I've been granted special access to the church and its grounds.
In addition i have been asked to display my images within the church for one week prior to the fair then hold a sale on the day.
I have visited the chuch on several occasions taking images from different view points and lighting conditions. I've also been given access to all areas within the church including the medi-evil bell tower and its roof for some unique shots.   I have treated a lot of my images in Photoshop, Lightroom or Paintshop Pro, with various filters and effects to give them a unique look. Here are a few I've done so far.



This first one suits the vintage effect and would suit being in a frame.


Shot at f8.0, exposure 1/160 sec with a vintage effect in Paintshop pro.x4


This image has been given a subtle painted effect, this also would look nice in a frame or canvas.


Shot at f4.5, exposure 1/200 sec. Painted effect in Paintshop pro.x4

Taken with a Sigma 10/20 wide angle lens, I realised after taking this image that in mid summer the church would be no longer visible hidden behind the trees. The only disappointing thing about this image is the lack of detail in the sky but it suits mono.


Shot at f8.0, exposure 1/160 sec. Black and white filter in Lightroom.


Looking up at the clock tower dramatised by adding a HDR filter.


Shot at f8.0, exposure, 1/500 sec, treated with HDR, Paintsop pro.x4.

These next two images were taken at home i'm going to include these in my exhibition, they are lighter than the image displayed here.

Shot at f2.8 exposure 1/160 sec with fill-in flash.
Shot at f2.8 exposure 1/160 sec with fill-in flash

© Sean Wareing 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment