Monday 19 November 2012

Location Photography - Exterior Final Brief


For my final brief I was torn between four locations so I make no apologies for including all four yes all four. The first location being Worsley basin where the Bridgewater canal starts its journey through Salford and into Cheshire. My planning for this location was simple, it was a beautiful, sunny autumn day with not a breath of wind hence the reflections of the buildings seen in the image. The scene was well lit with the sun so there was no need for a tri-pod to obtain a clear image.

1/640 sec, focal length-28mm, iso 400, f9.0
My next location was Salford Quays, again i chose a well lit day although later on during the shoot it clouded over but i managed to get some satisfactory images although with the cloud restricting the light the image colours were somewhat flat so I applied colour saturation and toning to the images which I feel enhanced the images no end.

1/1250 sec. focal length-30mm, ISO-400, F/5.6

1/400 sec. Focal length-28mm, ISO 200, F/11
My third location is a little gem called Lymm just 7 miles from my home, i often go here taking pictures and taking in the country air. These images were taken at the Damm a 30 acre lake surrounded with woodland and nature trail. The only difficulty with the shooting of this location was the lack of light with the tree canopy but upping the ISO and a steady hand gave me favorable results.

1/13 sec. focal length- 28mm, ISO -400 F/16.0
1/60 sec, focal length- 28mm, ISO -400, f/9.0


1/13 sec. focal length 28mm, ISO-400, f/9.0
1/15 sec. focal length 28 mm, ISO-400, f/8.0
My fourth and final location which i have to say is my favorite of all the locations and includes a vast majority of my final prints. Entwistle reservoir is located between Bolton and Darwen and is a fabulous location for landscape photography. On this occasion I took a tri-pod because of the weather and low light but also to capture images using a slow shutter speed I also went armed with ND filters and Grad filters. During the day it rained quite allot so i was constantly wiping my lens. With most if not all of the images included from this day has had some sort of post processing due to the lack of colour but extremely happy with the end results. Hope you like!
1/160 sec. focal length 28mm, ISO-400, f/11

1/6 sec. focal length 28mm, ISO-200, f/32


1/15 sec. focal length 28mm, ISO-400, f/8.0

3.2 sec. focal length 30mm, ISO-200, f32

1/80 sec. focal length 28 mm, ISO-400, f/8.0
1/30 sec. focal length 28 mm, ISO-400, f/8.0

1/40 sec. focal length 37 mm,  ISO-200, f/11

My thoughts

I`ve enjoyed this brief very much, I get enormous satisfaction from photographing landscapes and they look great hung on the wall! I feel I`ve demonstrated competence and knowledge of the use of a DSLR and composition of the subject, i hope my tutors agree

Sean Wareing 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment